What is quality in Technical Sales Engineer
Technical sales engineers combine technical knowledge with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products. Clients are usually technical staff from non-retail organisations, such as factories, public utility providers, local authorities and hospitals. The emphasis of the work varies depending on the level of technical knowledge needed to sell a particular product or service.
Technical sales engineers are a key point of contact for clients and provide both pre- and after-sales advice as per experienced employment consultants. They liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as research, development, design, purchasing, production and quality, as well as senior company managers.
For any Technical Sales Engineer tasks typically involve:
- searching for new clients who might benefit from company products or services and maximizing client potential in designated regions;
- developing long-term associations with clients via managing and interpreting their requirements;
- persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery;
- negotiating tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs;
- calculating client quotations and administering client accounts;
- providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education, and after-sales support services;
- analyzing costs and sales;
- preparing reports for head office;
- meeting regular sales targets and coordinating sales projects;
- sustaining marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and supplementary marketing events;
- making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs;
- liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts;
- helping in the design of custom-made products;
- providing training and producing support material for other members of the sales team.
Responsible for all technical aspects of the sale the role of Technical Sales Engineer is critical to the sales success of any organization as per expert recruitment gencies.
This is a technical role carried out in the context of the company’s sales process. It requires the individual to have a comprehensive knowledge of all technical aspects of the Company product set. This knowledge must be able to be communicated to a wide range of personnel in the prospect organization, both technical and business, in such a way that the features and benefits of Company’s product offering is understood to be beneficial in the context of the prospect’s business challenges and strategic goals.
For more details contact a professional Engineering recruitment firm like MM Enterprises.
Latest posts by Mona Madaan (see all)
- Qatar preparing to host Soccer World Cup 2022 - July 24, 2014
- What it takes to be a professional recruitment agency? - July 9, 2014
- Improving Employee Engagement in your Organization - May 28, 2014