Refrigeration Technician Job Description
Refrigeration Technician basically does the job related to refrigeration unit of air conditioning units or cooling units in refrigerators. Typical duties includes maintaining refrigeration units, cooling system, identifying problems, servicing and taking necessary action like repair and replacement of Refrigeration unit and its parts. Their task also includes suggesting solution to the various problems that can arise in Refrigeration units.
• Providing new installation service, repairing the existing ones and replacing the tempered parts of Refrigeration units.
• Inspecting various systems and its components like ventilation unit, cooling units, exhaust fans and other sections to ensure proper functioning of the device along with safety and identifying necessary repair and maintenance service.
• Diagnose problem and failures in refrigeration systems the purpose of identifying system faults and damaged equipment that need repair or replacement.
• Performing routine maintenance assigned for the purpose of ensuring proper functioning of refrigeration systems.
• Cleaning the parts like coil, drain lines, cooling towers, condensation pans and other essential parts to ensure that unit operates properly.
• Preparing technical documentation and record on various issues, material, logs time and specifications. This provides written support in compliance with conveying information.
• Requesting parts and necessary equipments for the purpose of inventory maintenance to ensure the availability of required items and tools to complete the necessary installation and repair work.
• They also have to report work progress to the supervisor in order to take appropriate and necessary action in case there are some issues or delay in work.
• They also have to maintain tools and equipments to ensure the availability of necessary thing for safe operating conditions.
• Transport various tools, equipments and supplies to the job site.
• Performing other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
Essential skills requirement includes the ability to perform single handedly the technical task and interest in upgrading the skills in order to meet the challenges in the field job. Specific skill required for satisfactory performance include practical exposure to operating tools and equipments used in installation, servicing, repair and maintenance of Refrigeration units. Technician should also have the knowledge to deal with hazardous material and should the capability to perform in unusual situations of field sites. They also need to maintain accurate record of planning, working logs and technical specifications.
Sound knowledge is required to perform basic arithmetic calculations, fractions, percents and ratio operation as it is required when dealing with maintenance work. They should also have knowledge to read the technical specification, compose variety of document and involve in technical group discussion to solve recently arisen technical issues.
Technician should also possess the ability to perform the task as per the defined and strict schedule to meet the deadline. They should also be capable of gathering, collating and classifying the data using various Refrigeration measuring equipments. They should be flexible to work under variety of circumstances with different approach and techniques as based on the site requirement.
Typical responsibilities include working under supervision and making use of standard practices, protocols, method, leading and guidelines. It is also required for them to coordinate with other departments for various purposes like budget expenditures, deadlines and for other technical support. Generally the job required the technicians to make field visitors, standing and walking in the site to monitor the work. The also required to work under minimal temperature variations and in some hazardous conditions.
Essential education requirement is to have any combination of equivalent high school diploma supported by approved apprenticeship under authorized and reputed Refrigeration firm or unit. Technician should hold at least 2-3 years of experience in the repair and maintenance work of heavy and light Refrigeration equipments. They should also have training certification for accredited training institute.
Latest posts by Mona Madaan (see all)
- Latest in the Recruitment World – August Updates - August 5, 2014
- Qatar preparing to host Soccer World Cup 2022 - July 24, 2014
- What it takes to be a professional recruitment agency? - July 9, 2014