With more than 20 Years of experience in providing international placements to Indian Jobseekers by MM Enterprises, we are currently seeing an increasing trend where candidates have salary expectation from overseas placements that far exceed the market expectations. We conducted an internal survey of 450 job seekers who are looking for overseas placements and more than 55% quoted a salary hike of three times more than their present salary and another 20% quoted a salary hike of more than four times their present salary. From our experience, these candidates have raised their hopes than what the market prescribes especially for Middle East and Europe.
To decide what the right expected salary is for candidates for overseas placements, please keep the following factors in mind:
- Country where you would be working: Based on the country you would be working; hugely impacts your salary expectations. For example, currently one is expected to get double his current salary in Middle East but if you are working in Germany this could be three times your current salary
- Safety of Job: Countries those are currently instable like Afghanistan or Syria can offer you a better salary than safer countries like Jordan or UAE. At MM Enterprises, we do not encourage candidates to be placed in instable countries considering the risks involved.
- Expertise: Most European countries look for highly expertise manpower from India and if you believe that you have the right qualification and experience then you can expect a higher salary. If that is not the case, then companies are offering salaries that are still much more lucrative then offered in India.
- Saving/Expenses Considerations: Candidates should always calculate their savings and expenses while working overseas to that working in India and then derive at a meaningful salary expectation. Generally, your savings would be far greater from overseas employment than in India.
- Currency you would be paid: It is important to know the currency in which you are going to be paid in. Most of the companies pay in the currency where you are located but if you are job takes you to various places then it’s always a good idea to know the currency that you would paid. The stronger the currency in International market the more you get in hand compared to your current Indian salary.
- Compensation Details: Another important factor the candidates should always check is is there any other compensation that is being provided like housing, food, utility bills etc. If that is the case then it greatly impacts your overseas expenditure and you should calculate your expected salary accordingly.
Apart from the salary considerations, candidates should also note the following suggestions before finalization on their overseas placement:
- Make your Mind: Candidates should first check why they need overseas placements and then should be firm with their decision.
- Discuss with your Family: Working in a different country not only impacts you in a big way but it also affects your family. So discuss this aspect in detail with them and take their blessings before making your decision final.
- Company Credentials: While finalizing on any company do a complete research on the company, like company profile, history, product, job location, country, currency, work environment etc.
- VISA Process: Acquiring a visa is a time taking process and a matter of financial investment on client’s part and normally it takes upto 2 months to get a VISA. If candidates have any doubts regarding their employment it should be conveyed before the VISA initialization process as last minute cancellation is a complete loss for not only clients investment but also time as the recruitment process would start from the scratch once again. So candidates need to be 100% certain about their overseas employment.
- Documentations: Make sure all your documents are in place and make sure that you also have any additional documents required by the company. This helps in making the complete process easy and hassle free as both you and the company are investing their time to make it work.
If you are a candidate looking for international placements, then please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and if you are an organization looking for recruitment from India then please submit your query or write to us at email@example.com